photo bg3strip_zps84a0a992.jpg

Sunday 20 January 2013

Colour of the year - Emerald.



So, according to Pantone, the colour bigwigs, the colour of the year is Emerald. I like this colour, so that's cool with me. Last year the colour was tangerine, and that never seemed to make it to fashion - I'm hoping this will be different because I want to wear it! Eyeliner, clothes and nail polish, I am so on that.

Pantone say about their choice: ''Emerald, a vivid verdant green, enhances our sense of well-being further by inspiring insight as well as promoting balance and harmony. Most often associated with brilliant, precious gemstones, the perception of Emerald is sophisticated and luxurious ... Also the color of growth, renewal and prosperity, no other color conveys regeneration more than green. For centuries, many countries have chosen green to represent healing and unity.'' I just like it because it's pretty, and it looks good with my hair. At the minute, I'm loving deep green so this will be a nice summer update. Also, I once read that after black, medium green is the most slimming colour. If that's not motivation enough, I don't know what is.

I have decided that for the Summer (for some bizarre reason, I've been daydreaming about Summer clothes. I don't even like Summer clothes) I need a floaty, emerald midi skirt like this little Modcloth number, and a nail polish. And a cardigan. And some jeans. And maybe a Cambridge Satchel - I feel the need to own a Cambridge satchel, despite the fact it would be nowhere near big enough for all the rubbish I carry around with me. So please cross your fingers for me that Topshop, New Look and ASOS listen up and start stocking some green!



No comments:

Post a Comment