photo bg3strip_zps84a0a992.jpg

Thursday 10 January 2013

Make up I need but can't afford list.

Okay, so it's just been Christmas. You'd think I would have asked for all these things for Christmas. But you see, that would have taken some common sense, and it would appear I was lacking in that area around Christmas time (my priority then is to cram as much of the special, only-released-in-December food in my mouth as I possibly can before it disappears and we're stuck with boring, non-black forest hot chocolates in Costa). In my defense, I did ask for the MAC lipstick, and as a result I have enough Christmas money left over from my lovely grandma to buy that. The rest of my list is totally unattainable because it's all so damn expensive. I don't care, I'll attain it somehow.

1) Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer.



Number one in my 'Make up I need but can't afford' list, is the Clarins primer - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. This was recommended by a friend who has a particular penchant for expensive make up. Of course, I couldn't just go out and buy this, because it costs about £25.Instead, I trotted down to House of Fraser to nab some of the little sample sachets. Then I trotted down to Boots and got more (if only there was a Debenhams here, too). I've been using the samples for about a week now, and this stuff is fab. It's really thick and creates a lovely base for your make up, and there's a very noticeable difference in how the foundation looks when it's applied and how long it continues to look fresh throughout the day. The samples are lasting me ages because you need to use so little of this stuff, and this has convinced me that I need a full sized tub. NEED.

2) NARS Loose Powder


I've decided I need a good powder. I use Bareminerals foundation and I adore it, but I have oily skin so I do need something to set it. I've been using 17 pressed powder for as long as I can remember, but it tends to go quite cakey and oxidise, which I can't be doing with any more. I want grown up make up. The NARS Loose powder gets cracking reviews on Make up Alley, and comes in a variety of shades so there's bound to be one light enough for my ridiculous pale skin. Supposedly, it's good for suppressing oil without looking cakey, so I have high hopes. It does cost £27 so it better be good.

3) Real Techniques Powder Brush


Well, if I want a new powder it would just be rude not to get a powder brush to go with it. Right? I've not tried any of the RT brushes, but I've only heard good things about them so I want to hop on the bandwagon and try them out. This one looks huge, so it'll do the job nicely. Previously I've been a die-hard Body Shop make up brush fan (they're amazing, seriously) but they don't seem to do one big enough for what I want. This retails for about £10, so I can stretch to that.

4) Illamasqua S.O.P.H.I.E. Blusher


My reasons for wanting this are threefold. Firstly, it's a nice colour. It's a warm, coral-y pink with a bit of gold shimmer running through it. It has good reviews: it's supposedly extremely pigmented, and it's cheaper than NARS blushers. Secondly, I just want something Illamasqua. Such a cool brand name. And thirdly, it helps to raise awareness for The Sophie Lancaster Foundation: read more here. Sells for £18, but it's for a good cause so it'd be a crime not to get it...

5) MAC Lipstick in Rebel


I don't own a MAC lipstick. I know. Where have I been? Don't worry, this will change as soon as possible - I feel a trip to Leeds Harvey Nicks is on the cards. I've decided on Rebel because I don't have anything like it already - I was tempted by a more wearable pink, but I have so many of them there's really no point. On the bullet this looks so dark and scary, but in swatches I've looked at it's such a gorgeous, deep, bright, purple toned raspberry. Need it need it need it.

So like I said, the lipstick is sorted. If anyone else wants to donate me the funds to buy all the others, it would be very much appreciated. Debenhams have 500 points for every £35 you spend on beauty at the minute, I'm avoiding the site like the plague though ...

4 comments:

  1. I really wanna get the NARS powder too I've heard it's really good!

    That MAC lipstick colour looks gorgeous too!

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do a full review on it when I (eventually) get it!

      Delete
  2. Haha, yes I have my own list of makeup I need and can't afford. Love the title of this post :)

    www.inspirationlush.com
    http://www.facebook.com/InspirationLush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo I want that MAC lipstick toooo!

    ReplyDelete